Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bali Day #5, July 11th, 2013 Part 3 of 3 Dinner with Family

After our ride around Southern Bali, we had planned to go to my brother-in-law's house so I could learn how to cook a few Balinese dishes. It turns out that they have a hired cook, so all they could show me how to make is Sambal.  The ingredients are straight forward: Chilis, lemon grass, little purple skinned onions, Udang (little dried shrimp) and a little cooking oil. I took a video of him making the Sambal but cannot upload due to bandwidth constraints. 

The dinner cost about (40,000/$40USD) to make and it fed over 12 people.  

Here's some yummy King Prawns:



The fish tasted smoked.  They used some kind of special palm bark to BBQ over an open flame. 




Vegetables, Lampor.  


Sani, Chris and I snuck in a bowl of Bakso when no one was looking.  Here's some evidence. 




Chris learning how to eat Balinese style.  I'm real proud of how he is trying new foods all of the time. 


Sani holding up the veggies. 



Chicken anyone?



Picture of the littlest ones:


Me, Yanni and Bli Made. 


Family picture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment