Sunday, July 7, 2013

KAL FLT 94 Dulles to Seoul

The flight from Dulles to Seoul was scheduled for 14 hours or so.  We crossed over the international date line so we lost some time.  

Some family details:

  • Ray - me, IT Consultant
  • Sani, my wife, Zumba instructor
  • Chris, my 15 year old son from my first marriage.  A fine looking lad. 
  • Alex, my 7 year old daughter (who is very large for her age)
  • Elizabeth aka Deeky Doo, almost 3 years old and still in diapers
We had a lot of concerns about the youngest one because she is hyperactive and there are no medicines including Benedryl that work for her to make her tired or sleepy.  

It turned out to be baseless.  She was so excited to be on the plane and she was very well behaved.  

KAL served us 2 full meals and several snacks.  The meals included wine and desert.  

If I had to complain about anything, it would be some of the nefarious smells that I detected.  One was so bad, I thought that my daughter generated the mother lode of poop, but when I went to change her, I found nothing at all.   We deduced that the lady in front of us was generating nuclear level farts.   It was worse than deviled eggs and Pabst Blue Ribbon.   

Sometime during the flight, the Chief Stewart contacted me and communicated that our originally planned flight was a GO and that we needed to move out pronto to make it.  He told us to go up the right isle of the plane and take door # 1 since it was faster.   

We landed in Seoul without incident.   Next up, the run to the gate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment